Saturday, November 3, 2012

Here's Looking at You, Kid



1) This song was inspired by the Bogart/Bacall movie of the same name. Do you have a favorite Humphrey Bogart film? Which one? Casablanca is one of the best films of all time. I always thought it was interesting how they shot two endings and went with the sad one.

2) Where do you rent movies? (Netflix, Redbox, OnDemand, etc.) A little bit of everything.

3) Have you ever been to the Florida Keys?
Nope. Been to Orient Beach?
4) According to government statistics, more than half the people who currently live in Florida were born in another state. Were you born in the state where you currently live? Yes.
5) To be honest, Crazy Sam really hates this week's featured song. (Hear it here.) Do you like it? Loathe it? Or are you unfamiliar with it? I did not remember it till I heard the chorus. Top 40 schlock. But very "catchy". Can you dance to it?
6) Local authorities in a suburb of Sydney blasted Barry Manilow songs into a neighborhood park to keep "hooligans" away after dark. Is there an artist or song that would make you run in the other direction? Just about anything rap.

7) Two of the most common fears are going to the dentist and speaking in public. Do either of those really get under your skin? No.

8) We're having burgers. What do you want on yours?
Two all beef patties, cheese, pickles, special sauce on  sesame seed  bun.

9) Here's your chance to do a shameless plug -- What charity or cause do you wish got more support?
Obama. Let him complete his job.

See you next time.

10 comments:

  1. Where is Orient Beach?

    So if we're doing McDonald's, I think I'll go with a QP w/cheese. Yes, it would hit the spot.

    I'm phone banking for the President tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gal-

      I wish I were that committed!

      Orient Beach is a nude beach at St. Martin.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know there were two endings for Casablanca. It's one of my favorite movies.


    Happy Saturday!
    http://heartsmakefamilies.com/2012/11/burn-it-to-the-ground-would-deter-hooligans/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. They were surprised that the test group liked the sad one...

      Delete
  3. I've never been to Orient Beach. You're welcome, world.

    ;-)

    Thanks for visiting my S9!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. They really suck, but every now and then they seem awesome!

      Delete
  5. I just don't get the whole rap thing.

    Have a great rest of your Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/11/boys-are-way-cheaper/

    ReplyDelete